A Training Academy for a Distribution Company
In 2007 our client, the Director of Operations of one of the nation’s largest medical products distribution company, brought in KMI Learning as the final and critical part of a multi-year project to standardize operating procedures and policies across the company. Prior to this initiative the company’s 28 warehouses had done things 28 (or so) different ways. Things like safety, productivity, employee orientation and training in general were controlled (or not) at the local level. As you might guess the results were spotty.
The implementation of warehouse management software and the development of a defined mission statement were important steps along the way. Most importantly, the Director recognized that the employees needed to really internalize these changes. To make that happen, he decided to implement a structured training program.
Enter KMI Learning and our partner Kibler and Associates. Working closely with our client, we implemented that training program built around powerful, engaging online content that taught skills, proper procedures and safety.
The learning strategy is rounded out with KMI’s LMS that provides a platform for delivery of all training as well as incorporated custom tracking, reporting, notification and certification.
The Online Training Academy immediately became a central part of the overall program:
- Accidents on the job were reduced by 50% within the first year.
- The company is fully OSHA compliant.
- The company is now retaining its best workers, verifiable through their training records.
- Workers are learning their jobs faster with savings of 2-5 days in getting new employees up to speed.
- Testing is now uniform across the company with mandatory passing scores.